10 August 2011

[Recipe] 椒鹽煎焗雞翼 / Salt and pepper chicken wings


I have cooked this dish many many times.  I guess I can say it is my signature dish now :-)
Salt & pepper chicken wings is always my fav but I will never deep fry food in my kitchen.  I just hate the oil!!!  So here is my way of cooking salt & peppers wings.  The key is to use a non stick pan with a lid, cook the chicken in med heat, then finally in high heat to create the golden crisp skin!!! 

Serves 2- 3

Tools:
1. a big bowl (for marinate the chicken)
2. a tsp
3. a non stick cooking pan with lid

Ingredients :
  1. approx. 600g of chicken wings
  2. 1 tsp salt
  3. 1 tsp white pepper
  4. 1 tsp shaoxing wine (optional)
  5. 2 tsp oil (olive oil is preferred coz it is healthier)
Method:

1. cut the chicken wings in pieces
2. marinate the wings with salt and peppers, at least 4 hours or even longer
3. heat a non stick pan with high heat, add in 1 tsp of oil, add in the wings, stir it a bit, then cover with lid,  change to a mid heat, cook for 3 mins.  (DO NOT NEED TO ADD IN ANY WATER), then open the lid, give it a stir to make sure the other side of the wings can be cooked, close the lid again, and cook for 3 mins.
4. if u notice the wings are quite moist, turn to high heat, cook each side of the wings for 2 or 3 mins more, until u see they all turned a bit brown and crispy.

enjoy!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...