8 June 2011

紅燒豆腐Ray Wings / Braised ray wings with tofu

I always see Ray Wings in Waitrose's fish counter but I never really want to buy them coz they look like some kind of shark fins :-S  Anyway I saw many fresh Ray Wings yesterday and they were the freshest among other fish, so i thought why not give it a try.

Google it wiki it, the closest thing I found is
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Skate

Here u are I cooked them in the usual "紅燒" style
1. Wash the fish and pat dry
2. Put some salt and pepper over the fish and dust with some flour
3. pan fry them to 80% cooked, set aside
4. pan fry the tofu, add in garlic, ginger and spring onion
5. add in oyster sauce, salt, sugar, sesame oil, and water
6. put the fish back to the wok to allow it to cook with the sauce, lid on for 2 minutes
8. add in corn flour water to thicken the sauce. done!!!

The fish tastes good, very meaty with some soft bones.   I will try to cook it with the classic Cantonese way next time - steam it :-)



No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...